Christina Aguilera was arrested in the early hours of this morning (01.03.11) for public intoxication.
The singer was taken into custody in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, at 2.45am along with her boyfriend Matthew Rutler, who was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
The 30-year-old pop star was taken to the West Hollywood Sheriff’s substation and handed the charge.
According to gossip website TMZ, Aguilera appeared to be “extremely intoxicated” and was “unable to take care of herself”.
Matthew, 25, was taken to the same substation and was charged with the misdemeanor offence and had his bail set at $30,000 by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
If he had not been stopped by police then Christina would have not been arrested.
A law enforcement source said: “If the driver had not been arrested for DUI, Christina would have never been in trouble.”
The ‘Candyman’ singer – who is currently divorcing her estranged husband Jordan Bratman – met set designer Matthew on the set of her film ‘Burlesque’.
- Lohan Dodges Jail Bullet (Again) After Flunking Alcohol Test
- Roger Ebert regrets ‘Jackass’ tweet; Ryan Dunn’s passenger identified as Navy SEAL
- Hugh Hefner’s Son Pleads No Contest in Domestic Violence Case
- Charlie Sheen rushed to hospital
- Reality Bytes: CU-Boulder’s Casey Abrams voted off ‘American Idol’