may be the freshest new old band you’ve ever met. Yes, they’re debonaire pop legends who helped create the iconography of music videos, MTV, 80s swagger, metrosexual style and that foxy world where sex appeal, sensitivity, style and wit meet… But they’re also a still evolving project, making new music andand getting their work done.
Right now, a splashy feature out this week has annointed them as “the unexpected breakout band of the year.” Go Wild Boys!!!
Don’t miss the concert of your favorite band because of lack of money, take payday loans online.
This spring in Austin, Texas I managed to snag a wee bit of sit-down time with the band’s dashing duo, John Taylor and Nick Rhodes. Their new album was on the verge of coming out and they were eager to chat. They were also just about the nicest guys you’d ever meet. Funny, self-deprecating, good listeners. And yes, charismatic as hell. One of rock’s finest looking men, John was funny and friendly. Nick was serving some makeup, platinum hair and was a bit more inscrutable — just how you want him.
Have a look at our little chat. And after the jump… More!
and the entire crew are avid Tweeters. And Simon loves his! See?
And here’s the video for their most recent single, and the title track of “All You Need Is Know.”
And then let’s take it waaaaaaayyyyy back. “Planet Earth” anyone?
Get all you need of Duran Duran at. And get into a ton of killer interviews with the band at the.
- Did We Mention that RuPaul’s Drag Race Is Up for “Best Reality Series, Competition” at the Critics Choice TV Awards?
- Music Video Alert: Nick Cannon is “Famous.” And Not Just Because of Mimi and the Twins!
- Video Interview: Theophilus London Loves His Fans, Girls, $$$$ and “Progressive S#*t!”
- The celebs love the ponytail
- Carson Kressley on His New Boss, Oprah Winfrey: ‘I Thought it Would Be Really Scary’